- Purpose: Establish the corporate guidelines for the Integrated Management System.
- Scope: Applies to all companies of Grupo SID.
- Responsibilities: All staff.
- Content: We express through the following policies the commitment of our companies to quality, safety, the environment, safety and occupational health, as a basis for establishing objectives and goals that allow us to reach the highest performance standards in our Integrated Management System.
In Grupo SID we commit to:
Corporate Quality and Innocuity Policy:
Deliver to our consumers and customers safe products and services that meet or exceed their expectations, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as other commitments assumed. We rely on the fulfillment of objectives and the continuous improvement of our Quality and Innocuity Management System.
Corporate Environmental Policy:
Protect the environment, prevent pollution and environmental impacts caused by the activities, products and services of our companies, with the continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System and with compliance with applicable legal requirements and other commitments that the organization subscribes.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy:
Achieve the best occupational health and safety standards in all our activities, in order to continuously safeguard in the most practical way possible, the well-being of those who work, visit and live near our operations centers, as well as prevent losses by accidents related to people, structures and materials.
- Purpose: Establish general guidelines for the commitment to sustainable development and responsible sourcing.
- Scope: Applies to companies MercaSID and Induspalma Dominicana.
- Responsibilities: All personnel.
- Content: The commitments set out below constitute the guide and foundation of our behavior in terms of sustainable development. They are part of our framework for the establishment of objectives and goals that actively contribute to social welfare, environmental balance and economic progress.
- Adopt practices based on ethical, transparent, honest and mutual trust work with stakeholders.
- Respect, promote and protect human rights, inside and outside the organization, rejecting any form of abuse or violation thereof, among employees, suppliers, contractors, collaborators, partners, competitors or society in general, promoting equality effective opportunities.
- Respect the reproductive rights of all, especially women, and reject the hiring of child or forced labor.
- Strongly combat harassment and any form of discrimination based on race, caste, nationality, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, undermining good customs or endangering the physical and moral integrity of employees, clients, visitors and neighbors.
- Allow workers to organize and create spaces for dialogue with the directive bodies, in which respect, tolerance and the permanent search for a work environment conducive to the achievement of economic and social objectives in the organization must prevail.
- Compensate employees competitively in relation to the industry and comply with all applicable local laws governing the payment of wages and benefits to employees.
- Safeguard, in the most practical way possible, the well-being of those who work, visit and live near our operations centers, as well as prevent losses from accidents related to people, structures and materials.
- Comply with the legal requirements and other commitments that the organization subscribes.
- Prevent the negative impacts that our environmental aspects may generate, in a very special way: atmospheric emissions of greenhouse gases, wastewater, solid waste, hazardous substances, noise, consumption of natural resources, burning practices and possible accidental spills.
- Promote the sustainable use of resources, the proper management of water resources, the protection of biodiversity and protected areas, as well as contribute to the fight against climate change, promoting respect for the natural environment, preventing clearance illegal land and deforestation.
- Continually improve the organization’s practices regarding environmental, social, operational, occupational health and safety, economic and financial viability.
- Respect land tenure rights, as well as the rights of free, prior and informed consent (FPIC) and the cultural values of local communities.
- Prevent conversions of high carbon forests (High Carbon Stock HCS), areas of high conservation value (High Conservation Value HCV) and new developments in peatlands including best practices of existing peatlands.
- Promote the inclusion of small producers and good agricultural practices in the supply chain.